Blog launched: November 10, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Soon after the storm

AAA3420 [Soon after the storm]

When the storm started literally flooding Thessaloniki, I found myself trapped in a seaside café on Nea Paralia (the New Waterfront). The storm didn’t last long but left behind large pools of water, frightening clouds, unusual colors on the sky and an overall unprecedented atmosphere. The situation called for a press on the trigger of the camera. When the rain stopped, I started thinking of how I could best compose my picture when this “romantic” lady stepped into the frame and completed the composition. I pressed the trigger, before she decided to go. I was standing in a pool of water but have never regretted it.
 

Photographed in Thessaloniki on September 16, 2008

3 comments: