Blog launched: November 10, 2009

Saturday, August 29, 2020

The Acropolis of Athens

Please click on the picture for a better view. 
 
803_6643 [Acropolis]
 
 An early evening view of the well-known, much-photographed, Acropolis of Athens.
 
The sun was setting exactly behind the Parthenon that day and I was hoping for a spectacular sunset to combine with the Parthenon in the foreground but my hope remained only an unfulfilled wish. The sky was dull, the lighting conditions in the area were rather poor but the Parthenon was again as spectacular as ever. To avoid going home with an empty basket, I faced my challenging task by using the HDR technique (7 images stalked) so that I could record as much detail as possible. I am sharing with you whatever I managed to get and look forward to another opportunity with better conditions.
 
The picture was taken from the roof terrace of a friend’s house in the center of Athens on July 19, 2020.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment