Blog launched: November 10, 2009

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Patroklos and the Milky Way

803_2235 [Patroklos]
 
I had just taken a series of photos of a lunar eclipse over the Temple of Apollo on Cape Sounio [You can see the eclipse here.] and was about to return home when the boats near the little island of Patroklos and their reflections on the water looked tempting to my sleepy eyes at 1:30 in the morning. I confess, I am not strong enough to resist photographic temptations, so I decided to take 1-2 more photos - the last ones - for the night. The stars above were not visible to the human eye but PhotoPills - my mobile photo-advising App - ensured me that part of the Milky Way was still over the little island of Patroklos at that time.
So, I turned my camera towards a new direction and once again yielded to the temptation.
The outcome on the computer screen on the following day reminded me of David’s Psalm that reads:
“The heavens declare the glory of God; The skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
 
Photographed at Sounio on July 27, 2018 
 
Please click on the picture for a better view
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment