Blog launched: November 10, 2009

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Crocus cartwrightianus

304_5113 [Crocus cartwrightianus]
 
Ideally, one of these days I would go to a nearby mountain and take some fresh pictures of Crosus cartwrightianus but this ‘scenario’ is not possible. The current circumstances of Covid 19 lockdown have confined me home. So, instead, I searched my photo archive and selected an old picture to share with you; and there is a reason for my selection. 
 
Some years ago, I found the flower above in the center of Ilioupoli (a major residential area, part of Athens). I wanted to see it from close before I took a picture of it but getting close was next to impossible because the area was fenced off all around. So, rather than missing the picture altogether, I used my long telephoto and took the picture from behind the tall wire fence. So far so good.  
 
304_5126 [Crocus cartwrightianus]
 
Then, using the same lens, I took a picture of another cartwrightianus, and left in order to go and visit a friend of mine.
Looking at the pictures on my computer screen at home, I noticed that there was only one red style in the second picture instead of three! Where are the other two styles? I still wonder. 
 
No tricks with the camera, no alteration of the picture in processing on my part, I assure you.
 
Anybody out there having a clue? 
 
Photographed on November 20, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment